Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bests of the Month

Side note: Happy Birthday Lisa! It's awesome that everyone flies flags for you.

These are a few of my favorite things from the past month (in no particular order):
  1. Putting in gas (that's not the favorite part) and having it stop at $66.66. I realize it's one 6 more than necessary, but doesn't that just make it more evil? I couldn't bring myself to top it off.
  2. Watching "Pride and Prejudice" with McKayla and having her love it enough to try reading the book. Yea, a girl to watch chick flicks with!
  3. Watching Tanner dance to "Bet on It" while watching High School Musical 2. It is his favorite part, of course. That boy was born to dance. Just not in tights. Ever.
  4. Tyson getting my tire fixed! No more low tires and ignorant men. OK, so one out of two isn't bad.
  5. Listening to McKayla sing "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?" while playing Polly Pockets. Polly was singing it to the boy apparently. She totally didn't learn it at home. I swear. Or I guess she did, but it was from watching The Chipmunks movie, not from my CD collection. I promise.
  6. Tayler saying his first extremely clear, perfectly pronounced word. Money.
  7. McKayla getting all dressed up with a skirt and earrings for a BBQ at Rafe's house. Have I mentioned the gigantic crush? It was like watching her get ready for a date. She was that into it. If only he were 20 years younger. Apparently I have my hands full.
  8. Pumpkin-orange-butterscotch-white chocolate-craisin cookies dipped in chocolate. Seriously. It's like a flavor fiesta in your mouth.
  9. Kids doing chores willingly and without nagging. Weird, I know. And McKayla has been asking for math worksheets. Really weird, I know.
  10. Cool weather that means I don't have to use AC or water my lawn. I know I complained about the cold, but I decided it was saving me money, so hooray. Oh yeah, it's hot now. Not hooray.
  11. Softball. Read below if there's any confusion.
  12. Lagoon with the kids. So fun, and once again, hooray for the cool weather.
  13. Family bike rides and picnics
  14. Girls' camp is almost over, even though it hasn't started yet. I'll get my life back!
  15. Tanner telling me his brain hurt when he coughed. (That would be a headache, little guy!)

3 comments:

Maren said...

I love the post!

I really need that recipe for the cookies. They have raisins in them and they're good?! I'll like to try...

Have a great day!

Lisa said...

Okay, I've read this post about five times and I laugh every time. I figure that warrants a comment. I'm so glad that your kids are funny enough to keep everyone entertained. And thanks for the birthday wishes!! The flag thing is pretty cool.

Summer said...

whatever, Jodee. we all know you rock out to "don'tcha" every chance you get! :)
and, I need to know where you got those cookies-please say they can be purchased somewhere!
and tell kayla she's welcome to come get more math homework!
and also, when is our P & P night going to be?
and also, how did girls camp go?