Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dash (aka Tanner, Tan Tan Spiderman, Tanman.....)

There's always so much to say about Tanner, but first, he graduated from Kindergarten! My little boy will be in school full-time next year. I realize that about 3 years ago I would have paid anyone any amount to let him go to school full-time, but now he's so sweet and such a momma's boy, that I really don't want to let him go. First grade is definitely harder on me than kindergarten.


Tanner also had a school program that was adorable. I was the only one there for Tanner, so I tried to take pictures and video with both the camera and video camera at the same time. As a result, neither are very good. But he was great and did his speaking part perfectly!

Here's a little video of the program, too (you'll want to pause the playlist to the right to hear the video):



Tanner played soccer this year for the first time and he was so fun to watch. At the beginning of this Spring season, I told him to use his Dash powers to dribble to ball down the field and score. He looked at me confused and then said, "That would be cheating, Mom." Apparently there are codes of conduct for superheroes, and using your powers to win sporting events is not acceptable. It took some doing to convince him to use his full speed. Thanks to the incentive of Grandpa's dollars, Tanner managed to score several goals.

Right now, Tanner plays T-ball. I have to admit that as much as I love softball, watching baseball isn't my favorite. T-ball ranks below that. However, it has actually been so entertaining that I forget how much I don't like to watch it - boys tackling each other to get the ball, hitting and running after the ball instead of to first base, all kinds of fun! Tanner definitely knows how to look and act the part of a baseball player far better than he knows how to play the game. I think he's spent too much time at my games. It was much easier this time to convince him that using his Dash powers wasn't cheating.


Last, but certainly not least, Tanner decided he didn't want his training wheels anymore. This came as quite a surprise to me because he really didn't ride his bike well with the training wheels. So I told him that as soon as he could ride McKayla's old princess bike that was his size, I'd take his training wheels off of his bike. So, in true Tanner fashion, he got on her bike and rode off like he'd been doing it for years.

I made him ride the pink bike for a few days because I couldn't believe he could really do it, but he could. He even went on a 4-mile ride with us less than a week later and was awesome.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Haha! You'll just miss Tanner when he goes to school because you're losing your entertainment! He's so funny!

Kim Felt said...

You'll be sad... really? I thought you said boys are worse than girls. I have a count down calendar for when kaylee goes full time. I LOVE the pic.s of him in his little t-ball uniform. I can't wait for that. Tanner is such a cutie.....wanna trade?

Summer said...

wow, that kid is amazing. and hilarious! :)
and t-ball is definitely the most entertaining sport to watch!