Thursday, March 6, 2008

Which Kid to Sell.......


Well, it's finally come to it. Tyson has decided that it's time to sell one of his babies based on the family finances and practicality. Believe me, choosing which one to sell was a very difficult decision. After careful consideration and weighing all the pros and cons of each, Tyson decided that one just isn't pulling his/her weight. He/she takes up space and isn't being very useful. Although he loves him/her with all of his heart, there seems to be no other choice, both financially and practically. After all the blood, sweat, and tears, it's just time to let it go. And so with great sadness, Tyson has sold his baby, the Jeep.



It only has 4 seat belts, a fact that has made it impossible for us to use it as a family for nearly 2 years. It was either sell the Jeep or one of the other kids. All logic and practicality says that this was the only sound fiscal decision. But still, this is his Jeep. This is part of what has made Tyson himself since I have known him. He bought this Jeep basically stock when I first met him, and he has built it into an amazing machine. We have so many amazing memories in Moab. I can't believe how hard it is to say goodbye to a car! But it really has been a part of our family and who we were. I guess we can start to make new, non-Jeep memories now. But deep down, Tyson will always be a Jeeper. (In fact, he's already devising plans to replace it with a more family friendly version!)


5 comments:

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

I'm sorry that he had to sell off one of the babies:) Good choice of which. By the way- remind me of my good humor during hunting season. If Scott had not been stressed out of his goard and if it had not been so long since a smile craossed his face, I would be done with the 2008 hunting season which is not upon us for months. Selfish me is happy to see Scott excited to be with Karson and Tyson, who don't run away and hide when he talks endlessly about ammo. Give tyson a thank you from me! I will start a support group for you:)

Summer said...

it's a good thing that you didn't make this decision 4 years ago--poor tanner might of been considered the one that was more finacial and practical to get rid of! ;)

McKayla said...

I am sad too it we so many memories in that jeep and I did not know daddy without his jeep and now we do not have a blue jeep and there is no jeep that is the same color as Daddy's baby. I am going to miss the jeep. Now he never tells me story's about our trips to moab.

Anonymous said...

I would have sold Mckayla, no question! Just kidding, McKayla. I would have sold Jodee!

marlene said...

Our condolences on the loss...just remember the great memories and all the benefits that will be coming your way :)