Friday, March 14, 2008

Who Me a Bad Blogger?

I've been horrible lately about maintaining this site. But never fear, I have plenty of excuses. Here they are in no particular order:

  1. Too many impromptu carpet cleanings. For example, one day (like I've mentioned before, I'm not sure what day it was. It's just the day of the poop.) since my slow blogging began, Tayler thought that it might be nice to not poop in his diaper. It might be better on the carpet. I only have 2 rooms that are "living space" (not bedrooms) that still have carpet, and he picked one. He removed his diaper and pooped. I was only 5 feet away, but I was blocked by a couch and honestly couldn't tell what was happening until he came around the couch holding up his "chocolate" covered hands saying "Cuhcuh." It appears he squatted twice and then stepped in once. Not liking the mess on his foot, he tried to wipe it off with his hand. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) this mess was precisely the color of my carpet. (Hooray, I have poop colored carpet.) This meant that unless I shampooed all of the carpet, I would be paranoid about poop that I couldn't see. And so, my entire day was made up of shampooing the basement. Not to leave out the upstairs, Tayler then proceeded to vomit all over his bedroom carpet the next night. Yea for Bissell carpet cleaners! I thought about taking pictures for the blog, but I chose to spare you the disgusting details....
  2. Mourning the loss of the Jeep. I hate to admit it, but I really did cry when it left. It was pretty traumatic for all of us. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for the "comforting" card and the comfort food! Yum! (If you've never had VChocolates, you really should try at least the caramels and the toffee.)
  3. Picking sick kids up from school. OK, so just one. I got a call from Tanner's school secretary the other day saying "I've got Tanner here in the office." My first thought was "Oh no, what did he do?" It's a natural instinct with that kid. Then she informed me that Tanner had vomited in the hallway on the way to computers. Is it wrong that my natural reaction was "Yea, I don't have to clean it up!"? Sorry Mr. Janitor! So he was home for a couple of days, and yes, I did get to clean up my share.
  4. Church Callings, and yes, it is intended to be plural. I've been given yet another calling to add to my ever-growing list - Girls Camp Director. I think in my ward, unless you have a calling that is in full view every Sunday, they forget that you have a calling and just keep giving more, although this time, before extending the call, the 2nd counselor tried to comfort me by saying "Don't worry, we're not going to release you from your other callings...." Some comfort that is! I've spent hours online and in stores already trying to plan. This is a big job! Anyone with any input on fun activities, crafts, food, etc., please, please, please give it to me.
  5. Not just cleaning up after, but doing the "sick kid" thing in full force. Tanner and Tayler with thier stomach bug, and McKayla with strep throat. We make it through the whole winter with very little of anything, and then the warmer weather hits and everyone gets sick. Go figure!
  6. Worrying about the possible stench left in my house from said sick children.
  7. Trying to get back in shape after a long winter of doing not so much. Why did I ever agree to run a race with Tyson in May?
  8. Shopping at the Park City outlets. I didn't say everything was bad that was keeping me from blogging!
  9. Trying to convince Tanner he doesn't have Super Powers. He and Kaden were having a race the other day, and Kaden asked Tanner very nicely before the race to please not use his "Dash Powers" this time. Tanner kindly agreed without so much as a hesitation. They both honesty believe he either is Dash, or at least shares his powers!

4 comments:

Donna said...

nice, an update before I had to scold you. I think that's hilarious that he agreed not to use his "dash" powers. He must have got those from you, only you always used them, I don't think you ever let me win you in a race! Sorry about all the poop and puke. Some things you think you'd never be able to live with until, well, you really have no choice!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

WOW- camp director. Don't you guys have a huge ward, could they spread the calling blessing around a little to keep the sanity of the mothers? DO you like camping? We will have to get together and chat as I am over Stake YW Camp, which is fairly funny sine I am a devote indoor girl. I don't mind the outdoors through photos or window.

Summer said...

ok, when I read that first one, my eyes started to water, my whole body shuddered, and I think I threw up a little in my mouth...
but then you reminded me about vchocolates and everything was ok...
So I think if I ever get a child that thinks it's a good idea to remove their diaper before or after pooping, I'll go insane. Or maybe I'll just let them live at your house, since you're so experienced in that area... :)

Summer said...

I just saw a new book from DB called Girls Camp Made Easy (easy! ha ha ha). It might be worth checking out.

http://deseretbook.com/store/product?sku=5007282