Have you ever met a parent who doesn't think their child is brilliant? Me neither. But I'm beginning to wonder about a couple of mine. Take Tayler, for instance. A week and a half ago he began climbing out of his crib. And not so much climbing as falling on his head over and over again. While that alone might make you question his intelligence, it gets better. I was very stressed about this newly acquired skill, but only for a day. It seems he forgot how to do it. I know my child, and if he thought he could get out, he would. He just plain forgot how. In a day.
And then there's Tanner with his never ending questions. Yesterday while we were out for a run on the dirt road by our house, Tanner and McKayla were admiring the cows in the pasture (did I mention it's a stinky dirt road?). McKayla was liking the white cows the best, but Tanner, being the bright kid he is, informed her he liked the dark brown ones because "They make the chocolate milk, right Mom?" There's some things you don't expect you need to explicitly teach a child. I was wrong. So maybe I'm the slow one....
And if you're wondering, I still think my kids are brilliant. Please don't tell me differently!
Sunday Best!
11 years ago
3 comments:
Have you considered to possibility that he has not forgotten how to climb out, rather he is remembering how uncomfortable it was to fall on his head? Therefore, he is actually showing his intelligence by not repeating the same painful act and instead is waiting until he finds a better solution.
your kids ARE brilliant! how can they not be with the genes you pass on?
I'm pretty sure with your history of 4.0 grades and honor society president, I can't remember your exact title, debate team...etc. that your kids are quite brilliant. As for me and Cody, we're just hoping Corbett can shoot a basket! Happy Easter!!
Post a Comment