We had a great Easter at our house. We started with an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday that our HOA does every year. It's more of an egg collection, since they basically just throw hundreds of eggs out on the grass at the park and let the kids go.
Tayler had realized the day before what he might find in his eggs because after I had filled 2 dozen eggs to take for the hunt, he found them, emptied them, and ate the tasty things he found inside. I then had to dive into the "other" Easter candy stash to refill the same eggs. That kid has a nose for candy. I guess he comes by it naturally.
We had a great time coloring eggs, too, although I didn't want a mess, so we put Tayler to bed first and just had Tanner color the eggs with us. Then I remembered that it was Tyson, not Tayler, that had spilled the egg dye last year. Luckily we made it through without incident, although I'm afraid my husband is losing it. After we finished coloring eggs, I found him doing this in the basement (read "make-shift photo studio," which is why it looks pretty cluttered and messy):
Seriously, he is taking pictures of our eggs. Granted, he did just get a new macro lens that he has been using to take pictures of everything, but come on - eggs? I do have the prettiest professional pictures of our Easter eggs of anyone we know.
Look at the beautiful reflection of the colors on the black. Have you ever seen lighting on an egg like that. Yes, I know it's Easter, not Halloween. It's called
5 comments:
If only I could get you to be a scrapbooker - then you would not think of the pictures as weird, but instead you would look at the them with total exuberance, run to Hobby Lobby for some cute paper and create a layout based completely and totally upon those little beauties :)
those are the fanciest pictures of eggs I've ever seen! I'm glad you guys had a good Easter too.
those pictures are great! No, he's not losing his mind, just has a little too much time on his hands :) I love the reflection one, that was the first thing I noticed.
I'm also glad that my child isn't the only sweet tooth maniac!
The eggs are beautiful! And there's nothing wrong with professionally photographed Easter eggs!
I'm glad your Easter was fun!
Cute pictures...
Happy Easter... a week late.
Post a Comment