Things have been pretty crazy around here the past month or so. The kids have kept us going non-stop with their projects and events. Here's some of the most notable activities of the past month:
- McKayla the Philanthropist. About a month ago she decided to collect money and buy toys to send with my mom on her recent trip to China. These children are generally very poor and don't have things to play with, so McKayla focused a lot of time and energy on her project. She (meaning her and me) made a flier and took it to each house in our neighborhood. She then went door to door a couple of days later to collect the money. In all she raised $204.30 and was able to send a lot of toys and make a lot of kids happy. Nice job, Kayla!





- Tanner the Artist. We spent one evening at the reflections award ceremony for Tanner's school. He received a trophy for his painting and the piece goes on to district for judging. Congrats Tanman!

- McKayla the Rider. McKayla participated in a horse show last month at the barn she takes lessons at. She rode three rounds and received a ribbon in each round - 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Yea, Kayla! The boys also had a chance for a pony ride.




- Tanner the Sickly. OK, not really. But he did have a horrible cough on and off for months, so when I finally decided to take him in, he was diagnosed with asthma. Looking back, it's been there for a long time, I just didn't want to connect the symptoms. Now that he's on a controlling inhaler and has an emergency one also, he's a different kid. I know, I know, why would I be happy that he has more energy? I'm not. But I am happy to see color in his little cheeks again!
- McKayla the Netter. Our first season of basketball. I cringe when she ducks and cowers as the ball is passed to her. I think Grandpa Joe does too, because thanks to him, the kids have a new basketball hoop to practice on. She's improving quickly. Her highlight was a trip to a Jazz game with her team. So far, no wins with a couple of games to go, but she's scoring points now and is very much improved.
No comments:
Post a Comment