.....on your self-esteem. Each of my children have taken a shot at me in the past week. Yes, even sweet little 2-year-old Tayler.
McKayla: She overheard me complaining to Tyson about needing to lose several pounds. She piped up with "No, Mom, you should just stay big. When you get old you'll lose your appetite and then you can be skinny." Whatever happened to the "No, Mom, you're great just the way you are?" At least she was talking about old as if it were in the future!
Tanner: First thing in the morning, while getting him ready for school, "Mom, did you sleep with Frodo [our dog] last night?" "No, why?" "Because your breath smells like him." Thanks bud! I'll never get you dressed without brushing first again.
Tayler: I had just done my hair and pulled my bangs back for the day. Tayler saw me and asked, "Mommy pretty?" Finally a kid that wants to build me! So I said, "Thanks Tay. You think Mommy's pretty?" "No." Then I realized he was asking if I had tried to get pretty. I guess I failed.
Aren't all kids, at least as young as mine, supposed to think that their mom is the best, most perfect, prettiest person alive? My kids missed that class. I hear it gets worse when they're teenagers. I can only imagine....better start my counseling fund now.
Sunday Best!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment