Friday, December 5, 2008

Seriously, Tanner, the Y?

Who can resist a rivalry like Utah/BYU? My parents did their parently duty and raised me to be a BYU fan. Then, when it came down to choosing a college to attend, and after deciding to stay in-state, my choice was easy. Utah was the only school to offer a physical therapy degree. They weren't offering as good a scholarship as some of the others, but it did pay for all my tuition, books, and fees. Sure, I could have done my undergrad at any school, but I figured that to transfer credits and prerequisites would be a hassle. If I had to finish at the U, I might as well start there, right? So I got my undergraduate degree and graduate degree all from the U. Somewhere in the midst of it all, I converted. Actually it was the first day of classes.

So, here I stand, a U fan among Y fans in my family. My dad told me when I was choosing colleges that he'd pay for my school anywhere but the U, and he's a U alumnus. So, I shouldn't be surprised that my oldest son is also defiantly choosing his own path, right? I did all I could, but in the end, Tanner's got to make his own choices - even if it means rooting for the Y. I guess he does look cuter in blue than red. Good call, buddy.

Gives a whole new meaning to sibling rivarly:


Here's the real culprit: Aunt Jamie. She provided the shirt to fuel the fire. At least McKayla's got it right.



2 comments:

KarsonK2 said...

Maybe its just a phase. Kaden had a few weeks where he was a "Y" fan apparently. He got over it.

Believe in Hope and Change!

marlene said...

Being the black sheep of the family is not always a bad thing (Go Red!)