So, I figured that would be the most disturbing part of my day, until I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner (did I mention that Tyson' s been gone a lot?). No, they haven't started posting the nutritional information for their food yet, although that might have been disturbing. But really, would it change what you would order? Is there really anyone going to McDonald's because they think it's healthy? OK, so back on track....We were sitting the playland area, eating our dinner when in walks a dad and his 4 sons, ranging from probably 5 to 11 years old. The McDonald's we went to is part of a gas station, and they had come through the gas station. They grabbed their dinner there: Packaged cookies, gatorade, and push pops. The dad's dinner consisted of a 24 oz. can of beer. So he constantly harped at the boys to finish their "dinner." (I get that McDonald's isn't healthy, and maybe no more so than what they were eating, but come on.) I guarantee that the price of their "dinner" from the gas station well exceeded a meal from McDonald's, so I couldn't feel sorry that the dad may not be able financially feed his children. All the while, he's sitting in playland, downing his Bud Light. I am in no way condemning those who consume alcohol. It's for each to decide. But in a playland? So they finished up their "meal," headed out, and loaded up in their car. Dad, after having just consumed alcohol, jumps in and drives a vehicle full of his own children away. Who does that? Maybe I'm sheltered, but I have a hard time conceiving of a circumstance in which the consumption of any amount of alcohol and the transportation of children in a vehicle should be combined. I'm sure he wasn't legally drunk after one drink, but any alcohol causes impairment, and that inherent risk should never be transferred to innocent children, no matter how annoying they might have been in the playland.
So, my hope for government and my hope for the people of America have been crushed. I had to imagine that maybe our irresponsible government is just an extension of our irresponsible people. I hope not. But for now, I'm disturbed.
4 comments:
I'm so with you! I guess the stock market today would be a sign of how well the bailout plan is working. And your McDonalds story makes me realize why our "government of the people" doesn't seem to be running on all cylinders. I'll bet I can guess who that moron is voting for........ :)
Jodee, while there are many boneheads located in McDonalds and Washington, take heart! There are those who like you care. My plan is to start revamping the political system from the ground up. Starting with local candidates I want to improve our process in cities, counties, states, and eventually the nation. Keep your heart and passion for right and lets begin to work with others to make "change" we can believe in.
Consider coming to a rally at the state capitol on Wed, Oct 8th at 10 AM.
Read more at www.pyrolitical.com
Well said, Jodee!! I feel your pain.
Karsonk2 you sound like a total politician!! I went to the pyrolitical site, but there's not a lot of info there. Who the heck is Stephen Palmer? He just started a blog and put his picture alongside Cleon Skousen and Ron Paul? It's actually kinda funny. I'm glad someone is trying to do something though. I hope they don't lose sight that the constitution is supposed to guarantee freedom and liberty to the "unvirtuous" people as well as to the virtuous ones. I see a lot of talk especially from the Constitution party about God and morality. I would like to point out that the founders kept references to God to a minimum. Just keep the power of the government decentralized, spread out and out of the lives of the people, good luck.
Fabulous. It is hard to have any kind of hope for the political system right now, and when you see winners like that, it doesn't help. Somehow we've got to keep the faith :)
Post a Comment