Friday, October 17, 2008

At One with Nature


The kids and I decided that we needed some fun this Fall Break (if you ask me, the kids get too many breaks, but no one asks me) so yesterday we did Lagoon Frightmares, and today we headed up into the mountains for breakfast and a hike. Or maybe it was brunch, since I was in no way going to drag myself out of bed early to go freeze before the sun came up. Either way, we cooked some eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon on the camp stove and then took off on a little hike. I was surprised how well the kids did. I'm more of a two-parents-for-activities kind of person, so I get a little nervous trying things on my own, but it was actually great. It helped that McKayla is old enough to watch the boys while I cooked. She loves to be put in charge of the boys. I can't say they love it. (Last night I had to leave her for 20 minutes while I was a couple of houses away. Before I left she made me write a list of appropriate punishments for the boys, and when I got home she had a list of what she had used and for which offenses they were used. I know, I know - she's me. I can see the comments already:)) But anyway, it ended up being one of my best days in a long time, completely focused on the kids and being outdoors. Even Tayler was a great little hiker. I think he complained less than the other two.






4 comments:

Georgi Family said...

I absolutly love doing things with my own little family now. It is so fun to start your own little traditipns. Love it. Your kids are so cute.

Amber said...

it looks awesome!! Where did you go? I want to take my kids there!! email me please or post it on your blog or my blog!! thanks!!

Donna said...

yes, it made me smile to see that McKayla is just like you! Sounds like a fun hike, I wish we had done the same thing. Yeah, I deleted my blog because I thought you were stalking me! J/K! I still check yours and love to see the new posts!

KarsonK2 said...

I know that when I find myself feeling pleased about something I have done as a parent, it is usually when I have gotten out of my comfort zone or at least the comfort of my couch. Good for you Jodee. Also thanks for watching Kyler tomorrow so I can go to my meetings.