Monday, March 2, 2009

Bombs and Books

It's no secret that Tanner makes me laugh. I think half of my posts here are about him and the things he does and says. A couple of days ago, he was trying to figure out the lyrics to a Jonas Brothers song. He kept asking me what "nader cal peter" meant. After about 20 replies that I didn't know and he must have the words wrong, he came to a conclusion: "It must be a kind of bomb." Apparently if you don't know what something is, it's safe to assume it's a weapon.

Last night, though, he made me laugh harder than ever before. Tyson's been reading him to sleep a lot lately, and last night was no exception. When he thought Tanner was asleep, he turned off the lights and slipped quietly out. Seconds later, Tanner bolted out of his room, asking why in the world Tyson would turn off the lights and leave. Tyson explained that he quit reading and Tanner didn't respond so he thought he was asleep. Tanner's reply? "I thought it was just a dramatic pause." What do you do with a kid like this?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha ha ha! I love Tanner!

Summer said...

a dramatic pause...wow. I'm laughing my pants off right now :)
love that kid