2 - I already have tickets to Twilight opening night at midnight, and I'm excited, even if it ends up sucking. I'm a geek. It doesn't take much to excite me.
3 - I bought the David Archuleta cd. He's just so cute, in an I'm-almost-old-enough-to-be-his-mother sort of way. Once again, I'm a geek. I'm fully aware of this.
4 - I still attract weirdos. I thought it would end when I was married and no longer "out there." Now I don't attract them to ask me out and stalk me, I just attract them to converse with me. Take, for example, my experience last week. I'm out to lunch with a friend, minding my own business. It comes time to get shoes on kids and leave (yes, it was fast food once again. Perhaps my choice of dining locations is partially to blame for the weirdos), and Tayler isn't so sure he wants to put on his shoes. As I put them on him, he's gently pushing my stomach, making his point. A random man runs over, grabs Tayler's hands, and starts sternly warning him not to hit his mother. Looking back, I should have told him to keep his hands off my child and left. He had less right to touch Tayler than Tayler had to touch me. But at the time, I was caught a little off-guard by the situation and just hurried faster to get the shoes on and leave. In the meantime, I was lectured about teaching children respect and the fact that all boys should be Scouts or they should be shot. Like I said, weirdo. Things like this happen to me on a regular basis. Am I the only one these things happen to? Do I look like I'm nice and want to talk? Because seriously, I'm not nice. I'm grumpy. And I really don't want to talk to you weirdos.5 - I took Tayler out to run errands in his PJ's in the middle of the day. It gets better. He also was wearing unmatched shoes and I was completely aware of this when we left the house. He's going through a phase that he will only wear pajamas. I dress him, and two minutes later he's changed into pj's. I change him again, and the cycle repeats. I was tired of the fight. Same with the shoes. He lost one of his favorite Thomas the Tank Engine shoes, but he insisted on wearing the one remaining, so I gave in. At least he had on two shoes, right? Poor kid is definitely a third child.
1 comment:
OH no, no no no. I see how you snuck in the Twilight post. What happened to sane cool Jodee? WHat happened to stay in the closet Jodee?:) Please- it is lonley in the closet with all of you out there in tee shirts:) Can I wear a wig tonight?
Scott says that crazy scout man is from our ward... sorry. We will try to get better security and not let the crazies out.
Post a Comment