Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Halloween this year has seriously been weeks long around here. Or maybe it's only seemed like it. It started a while back with a church "fall festival" thing. I count it as Halloween. The kids had fun with the face-painting and other carnival-like games.

Next came a Mother-Daughter costume party for Activity Days girls, which, or course, I'm in charge of. I hate dressing up. That part wasn't my idea. We did a dinner with an "icky" menu like tapeworms and goblin mucous along with bat droppings and toe scabs. Everyone just had to order and get whatever they happened to choose. That part was fun. We had Tyson come and do posed pictures of all the girls with their moms, and that was also fun. The planning, set up and clean up, not so fun. Here's me and Kayla. I really go all out with costumes, as you'll notice. It was quite a stretch.

Next was the annual Halloween carnival for McKayla's school. It is seriously packed with people. I remember it being fun last year. This year, I was already telling the kids before we got inside that if Tyson hadn't decided to leave work and meet us there, we would be turning around. I was done before we started! It's a costume carnival, so the kids at least got to use there costumes more than once. Seriously, though, it's way too crowded. Not my favorite. I wonder why I remember it being so much fun. Oh, that's right, I didn't have a two year old last year :)

And finally, Halloween. We started with a breakfast of "pumpkin" pancakes.

We had dinner at Nana's house early before trick-or-treating and then rushed home for the main event. Tyson took the kids out while I stayed home and handed out the candy. You can't beat the 60 degree weather during trick-or-treating. Here's some pics of the real thing:

McKayla as Hannah Montana



Tanner as Indian Jones


Tayler as, well, a cowboy on a chicken



McKayla's, I mean Hannah's, nails:

Tayler and his future bride:



Grandpa as Hannah Montana (ooh, scary!) I warned him that if he put it on, I was taking a picture. I don't know if he knew it would end up here, though.


The pumpkins

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute pictures... what a fun idea, with mother daughter costume party... and Tyson taking the pictures... You guys are so cute!

Love the costumes, even yours Jodee!

ha. my dad was in town for Halloween... he dressed up as a female tree (don't ask!), and had the same 'hanna montanna' wig... he's so weird! ha.

Lisa said...

Your kids looked so cute!! I'm sure you're glad all of the chaos is over, though! I'll bet the moms and daughters loved the pictures Tyson took.

Summer said...

so much to comment on, so little time... first, I think Grandpa wins for best costume, but Kayla comes in close second (love those nails!)
great idea on the pancakes, those are great. and tayler and kenna are SO cute together--just set it up now and don't give them a choice. :)
and go indy!

KarsonK2 said...

Shhhh. We have to keep Kenna and Tayler's arranged marriage on the down low or it will be spoiled by the time they reach 12. We just have to keep the pieces in play; which in part means that you can NEVER move.

marlene said...

The picture of Taywer and Nenna is so cute - I can see it now...their wedding video with a picture from every Halloween together. So cute :) And the pancakes...what motivation. I am very, very impressed!