
OK, so the cat and mouse analogy really fails for this scenario, because I was the one away and the one to play, but good enough. Last Saturday I went with my
good friend Marlene on a girls' day to Park City. We decided that because our birthdays are a month apart, we needed to plan a girls' day every summer to celebrate. Last year we went to a movie, and this year we went shopping. I have to admit that a day without boys was enjoyable. I love all my boys, but sometimes, you just need more estrogen. Although we were on a vacation from mommying, we did spend most of our time buying clothes for the kids. But without the "I'm tired," "This is boring," "When are we going to be done?!" that I'm used to hearing while shopping for kid's clothes. It makes a big difference! And finally, I've found someone who shops like me - straight to the back of the store for the clearance items without a second glance at the more expensive stuff!

After shopping we went to dinner at Red Rock. Instead of waiting for a table, we opted to sit at the bar - drinking cream soda (fresh brewed, of course). (I can't get the picture off my phone of Marlene at the bar with her cream soda. It's coming. Maybe. Only it's on Tyson's schedule.)I love Red Rock's food! And now I love the bartender who had to ask if we were 21! Of course she believed us when we said yes, and didn't ask for ID, but it's been a while since I was asked. I used to get carded everywhere I went. Seriously. Three or four years ago I got carded at Walmart to buy fireworks. You only have to be 18. Or maybe 16. But there I was, mother to 2 children, being ID'ed. I used to hate it and couldn't wait to look like I had left my teens. Then it stopped - somewhere around the time I turned 30. I really shouldn't have hated it so much. Now I get excited if someone ID's me. I think somewhere along the way I went from looking 18 to looking 30+. Skipped those twenties all together.

Anyway, thanks Marlene for the very fun day. I'll never look at bathrobes or Bubba the same again. And I'll know who sent that anonymous email, so don't even try it!
2 comments:
you two are so cute! sounds like you had a great time!
i still can't believe that with all those bags we came in at under $100 - we rock!
Post a Comment