After the race, it was a dash to Tyson's mom's house for breakfast before the parade, both being traditions. Breakfast was yummy and the parade was HOT - again, a tradition. We were the unfortunate recipients of chair theft at the parade, so we're down several camp chairs, but it's all worth it, right?


Tayler was so afraid of the street and cars at the parade that he had to be held or be left on the blankets behind. All three of my children have been deathly afraid of streets and cars. I think I must somehow be causing psychological trauma in the way I teach them to not go in the street. I'd rather it be that way than the other - kids running in the street with no fear.So, after the parade we went home for a much needed nap for Tayler and whoever else wanted one - me included. It was awesome to take a nap in the middle of the day. We then took off to dinner at my parents' house, another tradition. The food was perfect for a hot day. Yum! My mom bought all the walking grandsons Cars crocs and gave them to them at dinner. They were a hit!
Our final tradition is fireworks in the same spot we've been for 25 plus years. Tayler was a little scared of the fireworks at first, but learned to love them quickly. And with a mouth full of candy, who wouldn't love it!
And here's Tanner snapping a "Pop" in his fingers..
Tayler watching the fireworks a long way off at a neighboring city..
And here's my crazy niece Kami at the fireworks - she's always making faces like this! I couldn't pass this picture up.
And finally, the real deal - the fireworks and kids watching them:

3 comments:
It was Teri Hutchings now Dixon. She was a fiesty fun red head back then now she is super sweet red head. Szandi has older brother who have served missions here and her dad is branch Pres. over there. Szandi is short for Alexandria ???? I can't even guess how to spell it. We are going to do a traditional Hungarian meal the first 2 weeks of Aug. sometime if your sister wanted to come.
I did the fun run on the 4th in Kaysville once! Cody always kicks my butt in races too, of course I'm not speedy like you... remember the coaches always thought I was dogging it?? Anyway It looks like you guys had a good 4th, full of tradition. It's fun to see pieces of your family as it grows too!
Looks like you guys had a fun time. It's nice to see that someone else has long 4th of july days too!
Post a Comment