Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Everybody Needs a Dab Like That!

Tanner, Tanner, Tanner. When will it ever end? He continues to be the comic relief for Tyson and me, without ever putting any effort into it. The other day, he walked by a pillow that my mom gave to me. McKayla always walks by it and says, "That's so true!" and goes on. Tanner just had to know what that was all about so he asked me to read it to him.

The conversation went downhill from there. I read it to him, and this is how it went:

Tanner: That's is so true, he is!
Me: That's about moms. Who's the he?
Tanner: The dad of mean and bossy. He is!

OK, so first of all, before you assume I have a mean and bossy husband, he so isn't even close. He's more like the exact opposite. I try to make him mean and bossy so he'll argue with me and take charge, but to no avail. Tanner just likes to be like his sister, and he needed a reason to say it was so true. He couldn't agree with the mom of sugar and spice and everything nice, so he had to agree with the "dad" part.

I tried to explain to him what it really said and meant, but now he always tells me that dabs are mean and bossy. Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

2 comments:

Donna said...

That is so True!!

I think that's a great pillow, and yes, I just want to be like McKayla too. Hope you're doing well. I'm a mom with a dad of not so mean and bossy either so I have to be doubly mean and bossy...not fair!

Summer said...

I laughed even more the second time! That kid cracks me up. Glad he's now the comic relief for you as opposed to what he used to be... :)