Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas, Finally!


It's a new year. Maybe my resolution should be to stop procrastinating, considering that I am just now getting to the "Christmas" post. Every blog should have a Christmas post, shouldn't it? But this time of year, everything goes crazy! Trying to blog about Christmas gets in the way of cleaning up Christmas. How, when it is so much work getting ready for Christmas, can it be so much work to recover from Christmas? It's like having a baby. When you're pregnant, you can't wait to finally deliver the baby. It has to be easier than being pregnant. Then the baby gets here and it turns out, it's more work than the pregnancy! Here's the beginning vs. the end of our morning:


So, ranting aside, we had a really good Christmas at our house. Santa SPOILED the kids, hopefully not rotten. Tanner and McKayla both asked for Gameboys with games, and they got them, plus piles of other toys and clothes. Tyson and I were wondering if it was wrong to have the best Christmas ever solely because the kids got video games and were completely preoccupied (and silent, perhaps the key). Those two stared at their little Gameboys for at least 12 hours that day, and we let them because, well, it was Christmas.



Tayler "wanted" a new toy box, and Santa brought him one. What a lucky boy! It was full of new toys, too.



Turns out, he prefers empty boxes with a spatula and candy. That sure would have saved some money!



Tyson spent his day getting the Wii up and running, his gift "to the kids." I'll believe that when he plays fewer games than them! I think he loves having kids as an excuse for buying himself toys, if you ask me. All of the kids are loving the Wii, though. Tanner has learned to trash talk with the best of them.

All in all, Tyson and I agree that it was our favorite Christmas ever!

3 comments:

Donna said...

It's about time! Looks like a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas and yours kids were busy as ours were... they also got the wii system along with a few games. We all were stuck on the games for days (morning till night)! I have to say I am so happy school is back in session...lol! But Jodee, what did you get??? You talked about everyone but you! Hope this year is as great as ever for you and your family! love ya, Ashlee

Summer said...

Hey, as long as you get it posted before Valentines Day, you're good. (I would say before the stores get the V-day merchandise out, but I fear they've already done so-sick)
Cute pics, and I love that Tayler just wanted the simple stuff. Adam was happy with the paper and ribbons. I guess I should probably get my Christmas post up too...one of these days...I've still got a month.