Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dear Old Davis High School.....

A note to all: Christmas posts to come. Tyson is once again redoing the computer, and I never know when I'll have access to different hard drives or programs. "What?" you say, "Tyson messing with your computer. No! Never!" Oh, yes. I wonder what programs and files I will be without this time :)


I don't know exactly how I got conned into it, but somehow I agreed to play in an alumni Lady Dart basketball game last week.



Don't get me wrong. I love basketball. It's just that in the 15 years since my senior season at Davis, I've played, well, not a lot (to put it gently). OK, so there were intramurals at the U, and church ball if you call that playing. But I didn't even play church ball last year, so it's been a long time since I've touched a ball. I definitely didn't go play to demonstrate my skills (so do guys like girls with skills? :)) I was dreading it. Somehow since high school, I've decided that high school was horrible. It wasn't. But somehow I've convinced myself that I want nothing to do with high school. I think it's more the fact of what has happened to all of the relationships with people I was close to in high school. Regardless, I was not so much looking forward to it. So it turns out, I really like the people I played basketball with. I could actually still be friends with some of them. We had 5 of 7 from my graduating class show up, plus some from the years just after that I played with.



It really didn't seem like we had changed that much in 15 years. Some of you may beg to differ!


The group above is the starting 5 from the beginning of my senior year. It changed a lot as the year went on, but those 5 of us started for the first several games. Aside from the MANY comments about our age (mostly from the current high school students), we didn't look too bad. I did manage, in true Jodee fashion, to take a foul (the only one of the game might I add) on a lay-up, and land sprawled out in the bleachers. I wish I had pictures of the bruises and scrapes on my legs and elbows to prove it. All I could say was "I'm getting way too old for this!" We managed to win the game (with a lot of help from the current Davis Varsity team!), and isn't that what it's about in the end?

4 comments:

marlene said...

I am proud of you - I avoid any type of high school function like I avoid cleaning the bathrooms. The thought of either makes me nauseous. But your right, high school really wasn't all that horrible :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jodee! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a very Happy New Year!

Ashlee

Donna said...

I wish I had the old time picture scanned in too. I'm glad you do so I can see them side by side! I have to wait until I get to my mom's again. I had a great time at the alumni game. It was worth going! I'm sad the high school I remember is gone though. I hope you had a good Christmas! I'm waiting to see your Christmas blogs so you better get on it!

Summer said...

really, that's all that counts, i'm glad you won, bruises and all...