Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Now-Old-News Kitchen

I forgot in my update of the summer to include an update of the house :) We spent a large portion of our summer redoing our kitchen. I got this crazy idea to paint the cabinets and redo countertops and sink. I drug Tyson all over the neighborhood (as well as all over the blog-o-sphere) to show him it would work. He doesn't need a push to spend money, but sometimes the push is needed to get him going ;) So we began:


1. Bead Board around the bar



2. Painting Cabinets


3. Countertops and Sink


4. Backsplash


5. Valances

And the final product:

BEFORE

AFTER


We eventually want to do all stainless appliances, but it wasn't in the budget :( Somewhere in the middle I also decided that I had to redo Tayler's room. I painted his room in between coats of paint on the cabinets. I'm a little crazy when I start a project. It's best to not let me do any at all.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I hate to be demanding but now we need to see a picture of Tayler's room!! The kitchen turned out SO good! Way to go!

Summer said...

I still need to come and see it in person. And would you mind coming over to my house? There are a few projects we need your help on.

marlene said...

It is so, so pretty - I really, really like the brick back splash. And all of it really.

Sigh.

Maybe one day I'll have my very own back splash?

Donna said...

We need updates! Check out the date on your last blog!! So are you playing in the alumni game? I wish we lived in Kaysville so I could be there without a long drive...