It's time to move the 2009 reading list. It's been in the sidebar, and with a new year upon us, it's got to go. I can't bring myself to just delete it, so it's getting it's own post. Last year I made my first real new year's resolution. It was to read 24 books over the 12 months. Here's the final list:
2009 Reads
- Christmas Jars - Jason Wright
- Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
- New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
- Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
- These Three Remain - Pamela Aidan
- Duty and Desire - Pamela Aidan
- An Assembly Such As This - Pamela Aidan
- The Book of Mormon
- The Actor and the Housewife - Shannon Hale
- Common Sense - Thomas Paine
- Glenn Beck's Common Sense - Glenn Beck
- For One More Day - Mitch Albom
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer
- Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
- Austenland - Shannon Hale
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
- The Girl Who Could Fly - Victoria Forester
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
- The Second Time Around - Mary Higgins Clark
- Five Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me for Women - Richard Paul Evans
- Take Two Chocolates and Call Me in the Morning - Emily Watts
- The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
- The Wednesday Letters - Jason Wright
- Recovering Charles - Jason Wright
- The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
- Nights in Rodanthe - Nicholas Sparks
- A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
- The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
- Till We Have Faces - A Myth Retold - C.S. Lewis
I managed 29 books. My very favorite for the year was The Book Thief. Everyone should read that book. It gives a very real perspective of WWII Germany and is an amazing lesson in humanity. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn round out the top 3 for me for the year. It was definitely a fun year of reading and I'm looking forward to more, although at a slightly slower pace :)
5 comments:
WOW. That is A LOT of books! Jodee, your a rock star! keep on reeding. I'll have to give a few of those a try... potato peel sounds interesting... also your fav. i'll have to suggest them for our book club here in VA. (wow. that's still SO WEIRD!) miss you.
You rock! I love how you had such a variety. What's next?
And by the way, you beat me...I only got 22 in over the year. Well actually, 21 1/2. I don't think Midnight Sun counts as a full book :)
I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure I read more books than you in 2009. I guess we can't all be perfect at everything :)
Yeah, Jamie, you did beat me, I'm sure. I wish I was getting paid to read! And that I didn't have to do it in between changing diapers and fixing dinner (or, let's be honest, just neglecting that stuff).
Post a Comment