Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm the Luckiest.

There's no way around it. For those of you who listen to me complain about the pain in the neck my husband can be and the way he frustrates me, you need to knock some sense into me. I'm not usually one for mushy displays of affection on blogs. (I've threatened Tyson that if he ever thinks it would be fun to hijack my blog and post the "Why I love my wife" stuff, he would wish he hadn't very quickly.) It's not that I don't think it's a good idea for some people, just not so much for me.

So then, on Sunday during our family's Super Bowl Party, I had the most amazing realization. The day before all of the boys had gotten together to move furniture at my parents house for their new carpet to be laid. We were joking about the testosterone fest and my brother commented to me "You should have heard the things Tyson was saying about you." I didn't even have to hesitate to say "No he didn't." No question in my mind. That's when I realized it. I can say for a fact that I know that my husband has never said anything negative about me to another person. I am 100% confident in that. He never would. He doesn't say it to me either, even when I ask for constructive criticism. Seriously, he's never said a bad thing about me to anyone. (If I'm wrong and you know it, please just let me live in this state of denial...)

When I told him about this realization, he simply said, "There's nothing bad to say. Why would I?" I never said he wasn't a liar. Those of you who know me at all know very well he could and often should say negative things about me. I'm sure he thinks them. That's how I justify my lack of being like him. I am not nearly as good to him. I complain about his lack or organization, his lack of time, his way of doing things, etc. I'm a brat. He's not. And just for now, I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

2 comments:

Summer said...

cute! you do have a good husband, but you don't have any bad qualities either, so you're both right!
:)

Anonymous said...

Yup, he really is pretty perfect. But then so are you!!