Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy V-Day

We all had a great Valentine's day here. For some reason, the kids believe that the day is about them. Maybe it's the special breakfast with a fun little surprise each year, maybe it's the fact that they live for the valentine exchange at school, or maybe, just maybe, it's because Tyson doesn't know how to make reservations for only two, so the dinner plans always include the kids (really I think it's cute that he loves to take the kids).

This year we stuck with tradition. Crepes for breakfast this time - yum. Tyson and I made it out for a run, then an early dinner. We decided to go to Lone Star because the kids love it, and we were very all happy with it except Tyson. He usually loves Lone Star, but his meal came so dry (like it had been under infrared or something) he couldn't eat it. Finally he mentioned it to the waiter, who got the manager, who comped the meal, plus sent us a letter giving us 2 free meals there. That is how customer service should work. I was very impressed. We don't complain much, mostly because it usually gets you nowhere, but I will forever be a fan of Lone Star for their service.

But I digress...Valentine's Day. After dinner, the kids and I made chocolate suckers, then it was off to sing happy birthday to the birthday girl (Happy Birthday again, Mom!). Finally, kids in bed and Tyson and I watched a movie and ate chocolate covered strawberries. What more could a girl want than a great day with her family and chocolate covered strawberries? (Oh, and some very cute clothes...thanks, hon.)

No comments: