
The end of summer is a crazy time of year around here, but we survived, and the kids are back in school. I have a theory that my children know that I will struggle with sending them back to school, so they save up all the naughtiness and absolutely worst behavior to use during the last couple of weeks. That way, I don't cry. Tanner has perfected the theory. I wasn't sure I could send him off to 1st grade without me all day up until a couple of weeks prior to school starting. At that point, it couldn't come fast enough.

Tanner's first grade teacher is new to his school, but not to teaching. She's taught every grade in elementary except first grade. One night the week before school started, we were just sitting down to dinner when to the door comes his teacher. She was going around to all of her student's homes to take them a note, and to meet them and their parents to ease the transition to 1st grade. Wow! I liked her immediately. Who does that? I've never seen a teacher do anything close, and I'm impressed.

McKayla knew all along who her teacher would be because of the program she's in. Her teacher is great! I'm excited to see how the year goes. Seems like less stress for me this year, although you never know.

It seems like every fall when school goes back in session, I feel this uncontrollable urge to learn something new. I don't know if it's the fact that I went to school for so long without ever taking a break, or if it's the change in weather, or what, but I just want to learn. I've been reading a lot of books lately, brushing up on some of the classics, but it's not enough. And my theory is that I've been reading a lot (8 novels, including
Pride and Prejudice and
A Tale of Two Cities, in the past 4 weeks) to escape reality, not so much to learn. (Any thoughts from my mental health friends?) I've been learning new music on the piano, and studying drills for my soccer team, but I haven't found anything to cure the craving. I've even thought about a doctorate program. It's that bad. Any ideas with little money and a two year old?
P.S. I got a new camera! Thanks Tyson and kids for the gift!
2 comments:
Scrapbooking 101, taught by me? (
hehe - I will never give up). In all seriousness though, what about researching and learning how to digital scrapbook? It could be fun :)
Jodee!!! You should join my Great Books of the Western World Book Club!! We will discuss the Iliad and the Communist Manifesto on Sept. 11. It is so enlightening. I feel my brain grow when I read and our group is so awesome. I have been learning SOOOOOOO much!! We would love to have you and I know you would love it and not be scared off!! call me, I'm in the phone book!!
Amber
Post a Comment