If one more well-intentioned (I assume) man decides he needs to inform me that me tire is low, I think I'm going to lose it. Now this does not include family and close friends. I appreciate their real concern for me. I realize that they would tell me whether I was male or female. But I get told every day that my tire is low. I put air in it on a regular basis. It leaks. Tyson has made promise after promise about getting it fixed. I've been treated poorly too many times at tire stores/mechanic shops to want to take it in myself. I realize that it gets low, and I put air in it. But everyday, everywhere I go, some man decides he needs to inform the poor, stupid mom that the tire on her minivan is low. I've never been told by a woman. I might actually appreciate that. And it's the way these men do it. A simple "Did you know you're tire is low?" would be great. But instead it's the "Your tire is low..." followed by air pressure 101, and the suggestion to have my husband put air in it because I am, of course, inept. I've been lectured about the safety of my tire. I've been educated in what happens to the tread and the rim as I drive on that low tire . I've had eyes rolled at me when I say "Yeah, I know. Thanks." So, just so everyone is aware, I know that the tire is low. One of these days, I'll get tired of waiting for Tyson to do something about it and I'll do it. Just quit telling me!
And while I'm at it, I've got a bone to pick with Al Gore. He keeps promising me global warming. I'm waiting! It's May, and it's snowing on my tulips. And when it's not snowing, it's just because there's not a storm. It's cold enough to snow.

It's been freezing (literally) since early October, and we've had more snow than I remember in 20 years. And it just keeps snowing. I mentioned to Tyson that I was upset it was snowing today, and he had to ask why.
Why? It's May 1st. Do I need a reason why? Come on global warming. Bring it on!
And since I'm complaining, I may as well apologize for my horrible pictures. I promise it's not all user error. My camera is horrible. Not just a little bad, but really nearly unusable. It's about 6 years old, which is OK if it works. But the flash doesn't work if the subject is more than 2 feet away. Unfortunately, the focus doesn't work if the subject is closer than 2 feet. Either way, I lose. Luckily I can salvage some in photoshop. Odd, isn't it, to be married to a professional photographer and have a really crappy camera. The only good pictures we get are when Tyson is home and drags out the big camera. I guess when you spend literally thousands on one camera, getting another little point and shoot is out of the question....OK ranting done. More happy updates to come.
6 comments:
If it makes you feel any better---yesterday, as I was standing by while that complete and total stranger was giving you one of the "tire 101" lectures, I was about () this close to explaining to him that out of any woman I know (other than maybe my mom), you are the last person in this world who needs any kind of lecture or lesson on anything. I think I have mentioned a few times before that if I didn't have my encyclopedia at home (Karson) or my encyclopedia next door (you) I just wouldn't make it through the day. Just know, if I ever point out to you that your tire is low, it will be only because I am completely and totally concerned about the safety of you and your children and it will never include anything in the form of the before-mentioned "tire 101" lesson. When it comes right down to it, I am clueless and wouldn't even know where to begin anyway.
Amen, sister in regards to the whole global warming and snow in May thing. I am about at my breaking point. Is three nice spring days in row too much to ask???
And finally, the new family picture is darling. And the one of you...oooo,la, la. Beautiful, just beautiful :)
rant on, girl, I love it! And I totally agree on all counts!
Oh, Jodee, how do you make it through the day...
Marlene - It's always nice to have amazing friends that make you feel good. Thanks!
Summer - Thanks for permission to rant. Sometimes you just need that.
Brett - You're gonna make one heck of a husband some day.
Oooo! Love the new family picture... and great head shot Jodee!!
What a cute family!
That photo of you is AWESOME! I think you should keep the photographer for sure- he is a keeper:)
Post a Comment