skip to main |
skip to sidebar
He Ate!!!
You'd never guess it by looking at him, but Tayler doesn't eat. OK, he eats fruit snacks. And cheese sometimes. Occasionally a roll (usually only homemade) and very rarely a chicken nugget. He does like some fruit (pears, apples, grapes, strawberries, etc.) but never a vegetable, and red meat hasn't touched his mouth since he was too young to know better. Seriously, he won't even try things. I can understand putting it in your mouth and then not liking and spitting it out. But this kid won't even let it touch his mouth. We've tried everything! So this picture wouldn't mean much to most, but it's a miracle to me!
This is Tayler's plate (Yes, it's pink. Remember the gloves? I don't have issues with boys and pink. I'm all about reusing McKayla's old stuff.) Notice there is food missing? It's meatballs, and it's been eaten. I think we slowly tricked him into it. I started getting him cheeseburgers at McDonald's with no meat. Just plain, with the cheese only. Then we finally ordered him a cheeseburger with the meat. He didn't realize there was meat seeing as how it's McDonald's meat. Then, we told him that the meatballs were cheeseburgers, and he bought it.

So, he ate it! He actually ate almost an entire meatball. I'm not looking forward to the way his body may react to the new diet, but he's eating! I'm not convinced yet after only one day of eating, but hooray! One less thing to worry about!
5 comments:
The hunger strike may finally be over. He ate BBQ Chicken tonight. It was absolutely amazing! As long as we cheer like we never have before he will eat. I just hope it lasts.
yeah Taylor! That is so exciting. What a milestone! it's so hard to have a non eater. i love having Adam that will eat anything in sight (even non edible things he finds in the grass--ew)
but yeah! hope it continues...
Hooray!!! He is so cute and funny! Maybe if he eats, he'll get really skinny, since the starvation diet hasn't worked.
I remember we got a list of things to know about two-year-olds from our doctor. One of the things said that at that age it will seem like your child is barely eating enough to keep a small bird alive because they aren't growing very much. So you don't have anything to worry about, except that maybe this new appetite means he is going to start growing again. Can that head get any bigger!!
Congratulations! What a breakthrough. They truly do have a mind of their own. A good friend of mine strictly breastfed til her son was 2 because he wouldn't eat and now he is a champe eater, so I hope it goes the same for you!
Post a Comment