So, anyway, Tyson and I ran a 5K on Saturday. Here's why it wasn't equal:
- I've been training for 7 months
- Tyson's been training for 5 weeks
- When I had been training for 5 weeks I wasn't even running 1/2 of a 5K in a row
Tyson ran the race in 28:07 and was 13th in his age group, 54 out of 82 overall. He's amazing for how long he's been running! So runnercard has my time as 28:00, but as I ran across the finish line, I looked at the official clock which said 27:55. I know 5 seconds doesn't matter, but when you hate running as much as I do, 5 seconds does matter. I'm claiming the 27:55. I was 7th in my age group and 28th out of 105 overall in the women's.
What I can't believe is that Tyson can run so much, so soon, and is losing weight and loving it. I have been running for much longer, not losing weight, and hating every minute of it. OK, not every minute. I do enjoy the 15 minutes after a run when it's over and I have that sense of accomplishment. Then I start to think about the fact that I have to do it again, and I hate it again until the next run is over. This is why I have to gloat. I need something! Deep down inside, though, I know that Tyson is the real winner!
4 comments:
Hey, maybe you two should train for a marathon!
Brett - I will need to tackle a 10K 1st. You are going to do it with me!
Jodee - I love your blog. It is amazing and you are very talented and creative! It was fun running with you in the race. I never thought I would say it was fun to run. Even though you laughed at me after the race as I walked away with an armful of free doughnuts and muffins:)
Tyson and Jodee.... WOW am I so proud of you both for doing that! I HATE RUNNING!!! So anyone that does it and for those doing it reluctantly I am IMPRESSED!!! Congrats to you both! Love ya, Ashlee
Jodee, you gotta take your victories when you can, fair or not, so...way to beat Tyson! :)
Way to go Tyson. That's impressive by any standards. And you deserved the pile of donuts at the end!
Post a Comment