Friday, September 7, 2007

The Goodest Day Ever!


Tanner finally made it to Kindergarten! The "first" day was on August 29th with the rest of the grades, but then the Kindergarteners got another week off for some pre-testing. I was supposed to be filling out papers during his test, but I got so distracted listening to him, I nearly forgot my work all together. Mrs. Hoffman, his teacher, asked him to count as high as he could (I'm sure expecting 20 or so). So he starts and keeps going and going and going. It went something like this: "twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty eight, twenty niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, thirty" and so on. He sure hold those nines! His teacher stopped him just over 100 and asked him how high he could count. He proudly replied "Two hundred three." What?

Well, then the real first day was yesterday. He was a little shy, but very excited for his first day without mom. When I came back to get him, I asked how his day was. A very excited Tanner proclaimed, "It was the goodest day ever!" So much for worrying! Although apparently he told his teacher that if he didn't bring his homework (a collection of words from boxes, wrappers, etc. that he recognized) back home with him, his mom would be mad. Am I that bad? Oh well, all in a goodest day ever.....

No comments: