Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Day Away

McKayla and I were lucky enough to get to go horseback riding in Park City last Thursday. First of all, I haven't been on a horse in 10 years, and very little even then. But how hard could it be, right? I watch McKayla every week at riding lessons and while I know it's work, it looks pretty easy. Well, it is easy if you just let the horse do what it wants and bounce around the saddle the whole time. That's what I do, apparently. If you want to look good doing it, you actually have to work hard. McKayla looks so good when she rides. I don't!


The ride was absolutely beautiful. We began at the Park City ski resort and rode up to the top of the mountain and then looped back around. It was about 2 hours, which of course left me quite saddle sore :) We got to trot and canter instead of just walking the whole time which really made it fun. The leaves are beginning to change and were beautiful. It was gorgeous to look at a mountain side that was still green and lush with splatters of color throughout. The weather was perfect...it was just a perfect day.



To make it even better, we got to go with my parents, better known as Grandpa Joe and Grandma Valerie. McKayla couldn't have dreamed up a better day, and honestly, neither could I!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting!

Jodee said...

Brett - You're the best! Now I know someone's reading!

Summer said...

I'm reading! That looks like so much fun. I'm the same way with horses though, not very savvy.

Summer said...

nice comment btw bert. You know, with blogs, usually you comment ABOUT something, but whatever. :)