Friday, August 27, 2010

I Cried.

All the other moms were holding it together so well, all smiles and happiness. And really, I did too, until I realized that this was the last year McKayla would even dream of allowing me to take her to school on the first day and walk her to her classroom. Next year being Jr. High, I have no delusions of being a priority on the first day of school. So it hit me and I cried. Right there. In the middle of the playground. At least McKayla didn't see it - I may have had my "cool mom" privileges revoked immediately.

The sixth grader:
The Third grader:
With Friends:



A Picture I could only take of Tanner because if I'd even suggested it for McKayla I would have been given the death look. (Seriously, what kind of mom would even consider taking a picture of a sixth grader at their desk?):

1 comment:

Amber said...

Cute kids! McKayla looks just like you and so grown up. It is sad, but happy I guess.