Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eight is Great!

Tanner could hardly wait to turn eight and be baptized. He didn't take this lightly at all. He read 3 books on baptism, and he really wanted to learn what it was all about so that he could make his own decision.

I can honestly say that he was more prepared than I could have ever dreamed of at his age. He truly made the decision himself, and I am so proud of him!


Tyson took Tanner out to do some "new suit" pictures a couple of weeks before, and then we threw together a quick invite for our families. (Addresses removed)


The entire day was wonderful, from the program to the dinner. Tanner was the only child being baptized from our ward that day, so it was a very personal program. McKayla had agreed to sing a solo of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" for the program and she was amazing! Our good friend Marlene is in the Primary Presidency, so we were lucky enough to have her be asked to speak. Everything was perfect!


Everyone contributed to the dinner afterward, and it was perfect! Thanks to everyone for making Tanner's day unforgettable!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great pictures of Tanner! He's such a handsome little guy! I can't believe he's 8 already!! What a darling family you guys are! Miss ya!