
One Saturday a few weeks ago I sat down with Tanner for 15 minutes and taught him a little about the piano. Specifically, I taught him where middle C is and showed him a beginner piano book. He started playing in it and learned one song that day: Jolly Old St. Nicholas. Too bad Christmas was a month past.
Fast forward two days. Tanner comes home from school and tells me that he signed up to play the piano. I figured he meant they were doing some sort of music lesson or something at school, so I asked a few more questions. Nope. Turns out he signed up to perform on the piano at an assisted living center they were going to visit. Horrified, I asked what he was going to play. He doesn't play the piano!!! He calmly replied, "Jolly Old St. Nicholas." What kind of kid, after 15 minutes of piano instruction, decides to volunteer to perform? In front of people? Seriously.
So, for the next few days I worked to convince him that Jolly Old St. Nicholas may not be appropriate in January, and finally got him to learn Old McDonald Had a Farm the day before the performance. Apparently it went well. "I only messed up once and everyone else messed up a lot." Only Tanner.
2 comments:
too funny- both posts!! thanks!
STILL makes me laugh so much. THAT kid. :)
Post a Comment