Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's All Blood, Guts and Plastic Surgery With This Guy

Tyson kept our summer interesting with multiple injuries. Although he as already been given this notice, I will reiterate: It is not a good idea, I repeat NOT A GOOD IDEA, to send this picture to your wife via email with the subject line "Check this out."

A phone call may have been a better means of communicating the situation, right? His defense was that this picture was taken after the sutures, dermabond, and cleaning up had taken place. He figured it was quite nice of him to wait. Now, I'm not squeamish. Blood and injuries don't really phase me. But to get a picture of your husband with his neck slashed open, that's a little disturbing. Apparently he was removing some duct work from a ceiling while helping a friend remodel an office, and the duct work got the better of him. He went down with it and it caught his neck while he bumped and banged every other part of his body. It really looks like someone took a knife to his throat. If you know Tyson, you know what he did when it happened, being alone and all: he grabbed a rag, held it on it, and kept working until someone came. Luckily the friend he was working with is a plastic surgeon, and he promptly put Tyson back together. Thanks Dr. Ashby!

So, then a couple of weeks later (probably because the attention was waning- hehe) Tyson had to try to remove another body part. This time it was the finger. Somewhere in the male mind there is a center for determining the most manly, least reasonable tool necessary for any given task. Hence, the never-before-been-used fish filleting knife to cut a squash out of the garden. Turns out squash stems don't need that kind of sharp. Who would have guessed? Another phone call to Dr. Ashby, and a reattached finger later, Tyson was grounded from all sharp tools. The kids have loved that one and have run to me multiple times to tell on Daddy.


Other than mortal wounds, Tyson's been crazy with his photography business. If you haven't, check him out at www.legendphotography.com to see his latest work. I think he just keeps getting better, but of course I'm a little biased.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ouch!! It makes me hurt!! I'm glad he's healing. Hopefully you will have less excitement in the future.

The Nelsons said...

Seriously, did you have to put the pictures of his finger on here? EWWWW!

marlene said...

Okay, that is just freaky....don't do so well with the blood and guts pictures. Thanks Jode!

I'll send my c-section picture right on over....

[ :) ]