Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Really Did Have Holidays Here

I'm a slacker. Once the holidays were a couple weeks past, I couldn't seem to force myself to blog about it. I had tons of excuses to wait, like we had to wait for McKayla to get home to finish our Christmas. Now, it's been nearly a month since Christmas, and I'm out of excuses, so here's the proof my children were not denied the fun of Christmas and New Years.

Christmas:
We actually had our own little Christmas miracle. McKayla was supposed to fly out to Texas on the Friday she got out of school. All of our family Christmas parties were scheduled for the next day, so we were pretty sad. Someone (thanks, Mom) prayed in a blizzard, and the flight was canceled to unaccompanied minors and there was no flight available until Sunday! We were so lucky to have McKayla for some of our longest standing Christmas traditions.

Christmas was great here. Tanner and Tayler were wired on Christmas Eve. Tayler had asked every night since Thanksgiving if it was the night Santa was bringing him his scooter and Buzz backpack, so it was great to finally be able to say yes. (Not so great that he has continued asking everyday if Santa is coming again...only 340 something days left of that :)) Here's some photo evidence of the festivities:


And then this is pretty much what the two boys looked like for the rest of Christmas (and most of the week after):


And how could I resist my own little Ralphie:



We had Christmas #2 on January 4th, when McKayla got home. We had asked Santa to please just leave her things in her room and then we emailed her a picture of her room. She couldn't wait to dig through the presents:


New Years:

While technically New Year's Eve came before Christmas #2, it's going after. Deal with it. My sister Lisa invited us to go to the zoo for Zoo Lights. I was a little leary and even made bad jokes about it "being a zoo" before we went, but it turned out it wasn't too crowded and it was really fun. There aren't many animals to look at in the middle of the winter at night, but the big cats were really active, and it was fun regardless. The lights are really done well.

So there you go. I'm caught up. Now I can quit worrying about being a bad mom, or at least worry about it for different reasons than lack of blogging.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Whew! I was starting to wonder if you'd had any holidays at your house. BTW-I'm stealing your pictures of the zoo for my blog. Thanks for not only coming with us, but documenting it as well. :)

marlene said...

Ooooooohhhh fuuuuuuu....dge. Karson and I are laughing so hard at your little Ralphie. Kenna on the other hand is not so sure :) By the way, where did you score those sweet glasses? We now know exactly what to get him for his birthday - maybe I will check out my "It's Nifty to Be Thrifty" notes and see where I might be able to land a nice pink bunny suit...

marlene said...

Kenna misses him too - she was BEGGING earlier today to play with him :( It made me sad to have to tell her no, again.