I had a conversation with McKayla the other day that reminded me of when I was younger. I simply asked her to finish her chores, and you'd have thought I had demanded that she solve the world's problems by the way she reacted. Somewhere in the ranting and crying, I heard the accusation, "You just had kids to do all your work for you!" It reminded me of the similar conclusion I had drawn as a kid. I was seriously convinced that my parents (mom especially, since she was the one doling out the jobs) had so many kids (five, to be exact) because they (my parents) were lazy, and each one of us kids gave them one more slave to do their work. Every bathroom I cleaned, every lawn I mowed, every dish I did convinced me I was right. Why else would they have so many kids if they weren't just plain lazy?
Now I can see it was crazy, not lazy, that drove them to it! :) I offer sincere apology to my parents! I had no idea that their lives would have been so much easier without me (or the other 4 for that matter). Seriously, it's beyond description how much easier life would be without kids - not better, just easier. No amount of household chores could ever compensate for the work those little monsters create. I also realize that I'm getting just what I deserve, so you don't have to tell me that again, Mom!
Sunday Best!
11 years ago
4 comments:
oh, how very true it is...
and the sad part is, even when you have your kids do the chores, they don't ever do them right, so you have to live with it or redo it when they're not looking :)
This reminded me of an article I read a while ago that said that they'd officially determined that people without kids were happier. Although, in the overall context I disagree with this, I can totally see how a survey based on things like stress levels, spending time doing what you want to do, money etc. could be interpreted this way. I guess they just don't understand that those of us with kids have all of those servants......
I never thought of it that way. Dang, too bad we can't have more kids, now I wish I had more to do even MORE chores. Oh wait... the ones I have don't do any now. Huh!?
Not having kids I must agree that no kids means less slaves however I have yet to see a really good trained child or husband for that matter- wait I take it back. Your enighbor has a trained hubby but the son kind of negates the deal with his taking his timeness. My mom did not let me do chores- boy does Sott pay for it now. I say work the kids.
Post a Comment