Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conference and A Lot of Dead People....

I loved conference this past weekend. It's always so uplifting and encouraging. I have to say that so far (I say so far because I have Saturday Tivoed due to soccer games, so I'm yet to finish all the sessions..), my favorite was M. Russell Ballard's talk on being a mom. I loved his suggestion that motherhood is frustration, exhaustion, and a lot of other things with a few shining moments that keep us going. I think that stuck with me because I had just had one of those shining moments with Tanner.

Tanner has been having some issues with being scared at night and having nightmares, so I was trying to help him by suggesting he think of things that make him the happiest as he fell asleep. That way he would dream about them. He thought really hard and then told me Pokemon makes him happy. He paused for a minute, then looked at me so sweetly and said "And you Mom. You make me happy and I love you."
It's these moments that keep me going. Each child has their own moments.

And then apparently, there was a lot of talk about dead people during conference. Tanner and McKayla had packets of fun things to do during conference. McKayla did a wonderful job of listening and writing. Tanner did good,too, although he appears to have a one-track mind. On several sheets of the packet, there were pictures of the 12 with a blank tie next to them to color to match the tie they spoke in, as well as space to draw a picture of what they talked about. Tanner's ended up with a lot of people drawn on them.


When I asked what they were pictures of, he informed me they were dead people (apostles, prophets, etc.) that had been spoken about. He explained that you can tell they are dead because they have x's for eyes and their tongues are hanging out. At least we can hold on to the shining moments!

4 comments:

Donna said...

It's fun to read your blogs...no pressure though, right? he he.

legend said...

I see dead people! :)

tyfoff said...

Is that a dead snowman in the middle on top? That kid is just sick! And who are the parents that would let him draw something like that? :)

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

That is so random becasue Kelsie drew dead people on the same pages while we watched in CA. I don't remember them mentioning dead people. She had them under the ground even. Maybe it is something int the water in your neighborhood.